Our strawberry tart recipe is a must-have classic you can enjoy at your holiday party or an evening with family.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Grease 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baling powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, use beaters to cream butter and 1 cup of sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beat after each addition, add vanilla.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Stir in the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute, but do not burn. Remove from heat and pour over vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Arrange strawberry halves in a target formation on top of batter. Sprinkle lemon juice across strawberries. make cinnamon sugar mixture with remaining ingredients and sprinkle over tart.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until edges are brown and center is set.
Handling & Storage
When selecting strawberries, look for brightly colored, plump strawberries with fresh gen caps. refrigerate ripened strawberries for 1 – 2 days, do not wash until ready to eat or cook.
To prepare, rinse in a bowl of cold water to clean. Do not soak. Remove the leaves and green caps. Slice strawberries as desired.
Total Fat: 12.9 g
Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
Cholesterol: 71 mg
Sodium: 172 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 42.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Sugars: 29.1 g
Protein: 3.3 g