Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Sure to be a state fair blue ribbon winner!
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ¹/8 tsp salt
- ¹/3 cup flour
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2-crust pie pastry (refrigerated or homemade)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1¼ cups sugar, salt, and flour in bowl.
- Place pie pastry in an 8-inch pie plate. Arrange half the berries and half the rhubarb in pie shell. Sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining berries, rhubarb, and sugar mixture. Dot with butter.
- Place remaining pastry over top of pie. Crimp edge; cut multiple slits in top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Place pie plate on covered cookie sheet in case of leakage. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until crust is brown.
Handling & Storage
When selecting strawberries, look for brightly colored, plump strawberries with fresh green caps. Refrigerate ripened strawberries for 1-2 days, do not wash until ready to eat or cook.
To prepare, rinse in a bowl of cold water to clean. Do not soak. Remove the leaves and green caps. Slice strawberries as desired.
Total Fat: 4.7 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg
Sodium: 92 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 44.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
Sugars: 34.9 g
Protein: 1.4 g