Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
A beautiful dessert filled with strawberries that you will want to take to your next picnic.
- 2 quarts strawberries
- 10.75 oz package frozen pound cake
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups strawberry yogurt
- 1 pkg cheesecake instant pudding
- 8 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping
- Hull and slice strawberries. Place 1 quart of strawberries on a baking tray and freeze.
- Remove pound cake from container. Cut into ¾ inch cubes. Set aside.
- Mix together lemon juice, yogurt and pudding mix until smooth. Fold whipped topping into yogurt mix.
- Remove frozen strawberries, mix in with room temperature strawberries.
- In a large trifle dish, place one-third of the pound cake cubes in the bottom. Top with one-third of strawberries, then one-third of yogurt mixture. Repeat with remaining until finished.
Handling & Storage
When selecting strawberries, look for brightly colored, plump strawberries with fresh green caps. Refrigerate ripened strawberries for 1-2 days, do not wash until ready to eat or cook.
To prepare, rinse in a bowl of cold water to clean. Do not soak. Remove the leaves and green caps. Slice strawberries as desired.
Total Fat: 14.3 g
Saturated Fat: 7.9 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 255 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 55.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
Sugars: 35.8 g
Protein: 6.3 g