Puffy Apple Pancake
Flip your mornings over with this apple breakfast pancake.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (Gala, Fuji), cored, peeled, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Remove from oven, brush butter on sides of the pie plate. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on the bottom of the pie plate. Arrange thinly sliced apples over sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, slowly whisking in flour and salt. Pour over apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately loosen the edge of the pancake. Turn upside down onto a plate.
Handling & Storage
Apples should feel firm to the touch and be free of bruises.
Place apples in a plastic bag and refrigerate in the crisper for up to a month.
Do not peel or slice an apple until ready to use or it will begin to brown. Dip slices into lemon juice to slow down the browning process.
Total Fat: 9.0 g
Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 111 mg
Sodium: 239 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 14 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
Sugars: 11.7 g
Protein: 4.4 g