Peach Custard Pie
- 1-crust pie pastry (refrigerated or homemade)
- 6 large peaches or 9 medium-sized peaches
- ¹/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- ¹/2 cup half and half
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pie pastry in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Peel and slice the peaches into ¹/2 inch wedges. Place peach slices on the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together low fat vanilla yogurt, half and half, egg yolks, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Pour over top of peaches.
- Place on cookie sheet to prevent spills. Cover edges of pie crust with foil or a pie crust protector to prevent the edges from burning. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cut in unsalted butter, remaining flour, and sugar to create the streusel topping.
- Remove pie from oven and reduce heat to 350°F. Remove foil or pie crust protector. Sprinkle streusel over top of the pie.
- Return pie to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour prior to serving; cut and serve while warm.
- Store any leftover pie in the refrigerator.
Handling & Storage
Choose peaches with firm, fuzzy skins that yield to gentle pressure when ripe. Avoid blemishes.
Store unripe peaches in a paper bag. When ripe, store at room temperature for use within 1-2 days.
Total Fat: 9.9 g
Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Sodium: 58 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 47.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
Sugars: 39.6 g
Protein: 4.6 g
From the Delaware Grown recipe collection at https://delawaregrown.com