Oven Roasted Lima Beans
A healthy snack the kids will enjoy as an alternative to the bag of chips.
- 14 oz frozen baby lima beans
- 4 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take the lima beans frozen earlier in the season or purchased frozen from the store, and place in a 13X9 glass baking dish.
- Leave the skins on the garlic cloves and toss in with the lima beans.
- Sprinkle in the olive oil and then toss with a spoon to make sure everything is coated evenly with the oil.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes depending on preference for doneness. At 45 minutes, the lima beans should be crispy.
- To serve, cut the end of the garlic cloves and squeeze the roasted garlic over the lima beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
Handling & Storage
Store lima beans in the refrigerator in a tightly closed plastic bag. Lima beans can be frozen out of the pod and cooked without thawing.
If they are not already shucked, remove the lima beans from their pods before making the recipe.
Total Fat: 4.4 g
Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 299 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
Sugars: 1.5 g
Protein: 7.0 g