Lima Bean Summer Salsa
Ditch the jar and enjoy your own homemade salsa.
- 3 cups lima beans
- 1 cup chopped garden tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro, stems removed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- ⅛ tsp Fresh cracked pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Cook lima beans in boiling water until tender.
- Remove from stove immediately, drain, and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Place lima beans in a bowl in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to let cool.
- Combine lima beans with tomatoes, cilantro, chopped bell pepper, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and serve chilled with tortilla chips.
Handling & Storage
Store lima beans in the refrigerator in a tightly closed plastic bag. Lima beans can be frozen out of the pod and cooked without thawing.
If they are not already shucked, remove the lima beans from their pods before making the recipe.
Total Fat: 1.2 g
Saturated Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 87 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 28.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 7.0 g
Sugar: 4.4 g
Protein: 8.8 g