Watch these chips disappear – kids and adults equally love them.
- 4 cups of kale, deribbed
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line metal baking tray with non-stick aluminum foil or spray regular aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Deribb the center vein of each kale leaf, then tear into 2 inch pieces.
- In large bowl, mix together olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Add in torn kale, toss to coat.
- Place kale on baking tray in single layer. Place in oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway. Cook until edges are slightly brown. Watch carefully because the kale can blacken quickly.
Handling & Storage
There are several different types of kale. They come in bunches that have small to medium leaves. Kale can be stored in a plastic bag for up to 5 days in the coldest part of the refrigerator.
Make sure to wash thoroughly before eating. Remove the stalk and center vein by hand or with a knife. Depending on the recipe, chop or tear the leaves.
Total Fat: 3.6 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 176 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 7.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 2.0 g