Grilled Eggplant with Microgreens
Jazz up your eggplant with some zesty ingredients, including horseradish, dijon mustard, and vinegar.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp horseradish (from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup arugula microgreens
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Cut tops off eggplant and slice lengthwise into ½ inch steaks. Using the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, brush both sides of the eggplant. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the horseradish, vinegar, dijon mustard, and remaining black pepper. Once fully combined, add in the fresh parsley and thyme. Set aside.
- On the heated grill, add the eggplant. Grill for 5 minutes before flipping. Grill for an additional 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Top with microgreens and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Handling & Storage
It is best to use eggplant within one day of purchase; but it can be refrigerated for up to four days. Eggplants bruise easily, so handle with care.
Cooked eggplant can be refrigerated for 3 days. Freeze pureed eggplant up to 6 months with a little bit of lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
Total Fat: 33.1 g
Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 701 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 10.6 g
Sugars: 9.0 g
Protein: 3.3 g