Grilled Corn & Basil
Keep the extra butter in the frig – all the flavor you need is wrapped in the foil.
- 12 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- ½ cup butter
- 36 fresh basil leaves, washed
- Aluminum foil to wrap corn
- Turn grill on high to preheat.
- While grill is heating up, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Cut 12 sheets of aluminum foil that will be enough to wrap each ear tightly. Place each ear on a separate piece of foil.
- Brush each ear with the melted butter. Wrap 3 washed basil leaves around the ear of corn. Roll the foil around the corn to make a tight package. Repeat for each ear.
- Place corn on grill for 20 minutes with lid down. Rotate ¼ of a turn every 5 minutes to help flavor evenly.
- Remove from grill. Cool for 5 minutes. When ready to eat, carefully unwrap corn and remove basil leaves.
Handling & Storage
Choose ears with green husks, fresh silks, and tight rows of kernels.
Refrigerate corn with husks on for use within 1-2 days. If corn is unhusked, put ears in a plastic bag and refrigerate until preparation time.
To prepare, remove the husks immediately before cooking.
Total Fat: 8.2 g
Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 4 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
Sugars: 2.3 g
Protein: 2.1 g