Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
You might be surprised cooking cauliflower at a high heat changes it’s entire flavor and texture. Give it a try and you might just become a cauliflower lover.
- 2 head, medium (5-6”) cauliflower
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat grill to medium (375°F)
- Trim each cauliflower, removing any leaves and cutting the stem flush with the base. Set a cauliflower, cut side down, on a cutting board. With a chef knife, cut 2 steaks, each ¾ inches thick, from the center of the cauliflower. This will allow the core to stay intact and hold the steak together.
- Brush the one side of each steak with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Flip the steak over, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on top rack of grill and close grill lid. Turn after 7 minutes, grill for another 7 minutes. Steaks should be tender if pricked. Move down over fire, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat, serve hot or warm.
Handling & Storage
When storing cauliflower, refrigerate in a plastic bag for up to 5 days. Do not wash cauliflower until ready to use.
To prepare, rinse cauliflower under cold running water. Remove and discard the outer leaves. Cut stem flush with the base.
Total Fat: 12.9 g
Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 524 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g
Sugars: 6.9 g
Protein: 5.7 g