Carrot and Tomato Bow-ties
This vegetable soup is far from boring with a variety of healthy ingredients including onions, parsley, and tomatoes, not to mention it’s naturally vegetarian. Enjoy on a cold day with friends and family.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup V-8 vegetable juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 cups farfalle pasta, dry
- Boil water, cook farfalle pasta. drain and rinse.
- While pasta cooks, in a saucepan, add olive oil and cook the chopped onion until soft. Do not brown.
- Add in carrots, tomatoes, V-8 vegetable juice, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, mix the butter with cooked pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and mix coat. Top with carrot mixture, stir to mix evenly.
Handling & Storage
When storing carrots, remove tops, which are edible and refrigerate in a plastic bag for up to 2 weeks. Do not store next to apples, and pears, which can speed up ripening.
Tp prepare, do not wash carrots until ready to use. Gently scrub under cold water to remove all dirt surface. Next, trim the ends and peel if desired. If there is a bad spot on them, cut it out.
Total Fat: 5.8 g
Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 317 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 60.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
Sugars: 13.4 g
Protein: 9.7 g