Cabbage & Cranberries
Looking for a way to use up the turkey ─ look no further.
- 1½ lbs green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium fennel bulb, chopped
- ½ lb smoked turkey breast, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add shredded cabbage and fennel. Sprinkle on turkey, cranberries, and fennel seeds.
- Whisk together chicken broth, cranberry juice, and olive oil. Pour evenly over cabbage.
- Toss salt and pepper across the mixture.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover, stir and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Handling & Storage
Look for cabbage heads with shiny, compact leaves that are heavy for their size and free of blemishes.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight plastic bag. If you store a section, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and use within 2 days.
To prepare, remove outer leaves and cut cabbage into pieces, then wash well under running water.
Total Fat: 2.7 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 515 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
Sugars: 6.1 g
Protein: 7.1 g