Asparagus with Lemon Sauce
Drizzle a light lemon sauce over your asparagus for fresh flavor.
- 20 medium asparagus spears
- 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, fat-free
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp Fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse and trim asparagus using bending method.
- Place 1-inch of water in a 4-quart sauce pan with lid. Place a steamer basket inside pot and add asparagus. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until asparagus is easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- While asparagus cooks, grate lemon zest into a small bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice in to the bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press out extra juice and remove pits. Add mayonnaise, parsley, pepper, and salad. Stir well and set aside.
- When the asparagus is tender, remove from pot. Place asparagus in a serving bowl. Drizzle lemon sauce evenly over the asparagus.
Handling & Storage
Do not wash asparagus before storing. Trim the ends of fresh asparagus and stand them upright in a jar with about an inch of water in the bottom. Cover with a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to two days.
To prepare, bend each spear until it breaks naturally. This will ensure tender spears of asparagus without waste.
Total Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 100 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 5.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
Protein: 2.0 g