- 3 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Add water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower to boiling water. Cover and cook for 6 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove from heat, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Pat dry the broccoli and cauliflower; set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Stir in the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute, but do not burn. Remove from heat and pour over vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and black pepper to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Handling & Storage
Look for broccoli that is firm with closed florets, odorless, and has a deep green color. Refrigerate broccoli, and use within 3-5 days.
To freeze, cut washed broccoli into florets and stalks into pieces. Steam about 5 minutes. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking and drain thoroughly. Place into sealed bags or containers and freeze for up to 12 months.
Total Fat: 5.8 g
Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 114 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 6.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
Sugars: 2.0 g
Protein: 3.0 g