- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small leek, cleaned & sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 40 medium asparagus spears
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, saute leek and onion for 3 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Add potatoes and asparagus, reserving 10 asparagus tips for garnish. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree cooled soup in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and stir in lemon pepper seasoning and lemon juice.
- Blanch reserved asparagus tips.
- Ladle soup into bowls, lay asparagus tip on top, garnish with sour cream. Serves 10.
Handling & Storage
Do not wash asparagus before storing. Trim the ends of fresh asparagus and stand them upright in a jar with about an inch of water in the bottom. Cover with a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to two days.
To prepare, bend each spear until it breaks naturally. This will ensure tender spears of asparagus without waste.
Total Fat: 2.3 g
Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 51 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
Sugars: 2.6 g
Protein: 4.0 g